Safe operation, increasing the number and improving the rolling stock availability ratio are the main goals of CTL Logistics, the implementation of which reflects to the quality of services provided.
The variety of locomotives owned, from the latest Dragon 2 locomotives, through the BR232 diesel locomotives for freight traffic acquired in 2018, electric locomotives acquired in previous years and a wide fleet of shunting locomotives, are the key resources for providing services at the highest level, while maintaining competitive rates and appropriate adjustment to the individual customer.
The CTL Logistics Group also has over 3,000 different types of wagons, with the help of which we are able to meet the expectations of our customers.
A professional team of our specialists, who oversees the proper operation of the rolling stock, allows us to ensure optimal technical efficiency of the rolling stock, which affects not only the company's business results, but above all the safety of rail traffic and our customers, which is our priority.
If you have any questions related to the maintenance of the technical condition of the rolling stock, current repairs, periodic repairs and issues related to the release of wagons from trains during transport, please contact our team.
The CTL Logistics Group is also a significant provider of rolling stock in Poland and Europe. It provides the possibility of acquiring wagons and locomotives with service, taking into account short and long-term needs.
The rolling stock lease offer includes wagons for the transport of bulk goods. One of the main items are tank wagons of various types with tanks made of ordinary and acid-resistant steel. Depending on the type, the tanks of the wagons are equipped with heating installations, thermal insulation, protective coatings and rubber linings.
The company's offer also includes the lease of serviced locomotives, in particular for the implementation of logistic tasks related to the construction of railway infrastructure and the service of all kinds of technological or regional transport.
The comprehensiveness of the CTL Logistics service in this area, apart from the rolling stock and service, is based on the licenses held in rail transport in Poland and Germany.
The scope of rolling stock lease services
- Lease of tank wagons for the transport of fuels and chemical products
- Lease of locomotives with work and freight services
- Lease of wagons for the transport of bulk goods
- Comprehensive logistics services with the use of rolling stock
The employee involvement and their correct decisions affect the safe daily running of dozens of freight trains. Every year, approximately 500 employees of the CTL Logistics Group, who are responsible for the preparation and running of trains on a daily basis, participate in cyclical instructions. They are loco drivers-instructors, rolling stock auditors, setters and (railway) shunters. CTL staff thanks to cyclical training with experienced instructors, consolidates knowledge and practices the rules of operation in difficult situations.
Since 2019, the CTL Group resources include a modern railway vehicle simulator that allows loco drivers to check the behavior of loco drivers and develop appropriate responses in unusual situations that loco drivers may not have met in their current work.
The simulator serves both its own employees, but it is also possible for the Company to provide services to other entities in the industry. The fact that it was built on the car allows you to reach every employee at every railway junction without having to involve employees in time-consuming commuting.
One of the priorities of CTL Logistics is safety. Every day, employees service several dozen trains. Professional knowledge, experience and training are necessary for this. Every employee is properly prepared to perform their duties, and constant improvement of their qualifications directly contributes to the improvement of safety. Practicing on a modern railway vehicle simulator, they consolidate proper conduct in dozens of standard situations that can happen in everyday work - says Grzegorz Bogacki, President of the Management Board of CTL Logistics.
Training and Examination Center for Loco Drivers and Loco Drivers CTL Logistics Sp. z o.o. enables us to shape and control not only the loco driver's professional development process, but also the entire process of his training. From the stage of obtaining the license, through theoretical and practical training as part of the certificate course, to preparation at the workplace, on the types of traction vehicles appropriate for the Company. The training is correlated with processes and tasks carried out by CTL Logistics Sp. z o.o. A graduate of our Center is ready to work as a loco driver in companies that operate sidings and transhipment points, carry out freight transport across the infrastructure of the whole country.
On 18th of May 2018, the President of the Office of Rail Transport registered the center in the register of training and examination centers under number PL / 34/2018
The scope of the Center's activities
- Training and examination of candidates for loco drivers applying for a loco driver's license in the field of general rail knowledge
- Training and examination of candidates for loco drivers applying for loco driver's certificates in the field of knowledge and skills related to infrastructure and a railway vehicle
- Conducting trainings and tests of drivers' knowledge and skills
- Training and examination of train drivers from other EU Member States in the field of general language competences, railway traffic rules and signaling on the Polish rail network
The scope of knowledge and skills tests
- Knowledge and skills tests to maintain the validity of a loco driver's certificate for a railway vehicle, specific part of the infrastructure, and general language competence
- Tests of knowledge and skills before or after suspension of a loco driver's certificate
Knowledge and skills tests to extend the licence of competence specified in the supplementary certificate to the loco driver’s license
- Knowledge and skills tests carried out in connection with the recommendations of PKBWK or the President of UTK
Knowledge and skills tests to extend the licence of competence specified in the loco driver's certificate
- within the scope that it relates to a specific part of the infrastructure
- within the scope related to the type of railway vehicle
- Knowledge and skills tests in order to extend the rights set out in the loco driver's certificate as regards the type of railway vehicle are carried out at the Training and Examination Center for Loco Drivers and Loco Driver Candidates of CTL Logistics Sp. z o.o., and in accordance with the procedure
- Our advantage is the staff of instructors and examiners
- The center brings together a dozen or so high-class specialists in the fields of safety, operation and maintenance of railway vehicles
- Theoretical classes are conducted by people with extensive experience acquired at work related to the implementation of the transport process, determining the causes of railway events, during the work of various expert committees in the field of process security implemented by railway companies
- Practical classes on the vehicle and tests of knowledge and skills are carried out by loco drivers, often with several years of experience or more
Training and Examination Center for Loco Drivers and Train Candidates at CTL Logistics Sp. z o.o. also carries out trainings and tests knowledge and skills for other entities operating on the rail freight market.
The CTL Logistics Group is a co-owner of a modern transhipment terminal in the Republic of Belarus. The terminal is located in the border town of Bakuny, on an important trade route connecting Russia, Belarus and Poland. The terminal enables transhipment of loose goods between wagons on a broad gauge track (trains from Russia and Belarus) and a normal track (trains from Poland).
The most important commodity handled and stored at the Terminal is coal, but the Terminal is also prepared to handle other goods, e.g. wood.
In the future, the expansion of the Terminal is planned, including for the possibility of handling containers.
Advantages of the terminal:
- Location 5 km from the Polish-Belarusian border (border crossing Kuźnica Białostocka - Bruzgi).
- Direct connection to the main railway line Białystok - Grodno.
- Railway siding with 1520 mm track (broad gauge track) and 1435 mm (normal track).
- A hardened yard for storing goods with an area of 8 thousand. m2.
- Modern Hitachi excavators and loaders.
- Mettler-Toledo precision rail scale.
- 24/7 monitoring and security.
- Cargo quality control supported by independent companies.
The terminal is managed by BielPol Logistics
The transshipment terminal for chemical raw materials in Medyka is located at the Medyka - Mościska border crossing, a railway siding with a 1520 mm track (wide track) and 1435 mm (normal track).
Thanks to specialist handling equipment, it ensures professional handling (pumping) from broad-gauge wagons to wagons with European standards and vice versa of the following chemical media:
- methanol and derivatives
- other alcohols (ethyl and technical spirits)
- propylene, butyl, glycerol and others
- gasolines, diesel and heating oils, technical, engine and lubrication oils
- vegetable oils for biofuels
The transhipment capacity at the Chemical raw materials terminal is up to 1000 tons / day. Transhipment takes place throughout the whole year. All works are carried out according to strictly defined standards, ensuring full safety of people and the environment.
A specialized bucket loading terminal for loose goods located in Żurawica, the Mościska-Medyka border region, a railway siding with a 1520 mm track (broad gauge-track) and 1435 mm (normal track).
The terminal enables transhipment of the following goods:
- Seeds and cereals
- Pellets (oil cake)
- Feed and feed components
- Biofuels made of plants and wood (pallets, wood chips)
- Other plant-based goods.
It is an environmentally friendly and service-friendly facility, having its own wagon shunting system (rope broaching machines), and reloading is performed from both WNP wide wagons to standard gauge wagons with European standards, and vice versa. It is also possible to transfer bulk materials from wagons with both wheelbases to road transport. The terminal has been equipped with special dust absorbing devices, thus meeting the strict ecological requirements in force in the European Union. The terminal also has a gantry crane with a lifting capacity of up to 50 tons. Thanks to the universal equipment with hooks, belts as well as with electromagnets, it ensures reloading of goods of various dimensions and structure, such as steel, palletized goods, wood, big bag, loose goods.