Operation of railway sidings and terminals
The CTL Logistics Group offers comprehensive railway siding management services as well as shunting services for industrial companies and logistics operators. These services are provided by specialized companies belonging to the CTL Group.
The most important benefits for our clients resulting from cooperation with CTL Logistics in this area are: taking over of client siding resources and management by experienced specialists; the ability to focus the client on his own core business; reduction of siding operating costs; taking over all activities related to the maintenance of rolling stock, infrastructure and formal and legal matters related to the functioning of siding and freight forwarding.
Range of siding operation
Technical and operational activities:
- Technical and commercial acceptance of wagons ordered by the customer
- Technical inspection of rolling stock, excluding technically defective wagons
- Running repairs and revisions of rolling stock
- Operation of traffic posts and railway traffic on the siding
- Shunting works on sidings, rolling wagons for unloading and loading operations, assembling and forming trains
- Comprehensive maintenance of the railway infrastructure
Organizational and legal activities:
- Development and update of work regulations for railway transport at the siding as well as documentation regarding level crossings
- Establishment and maintenance of a register of railway vehicles
- Activities related to obtaining certificates for placing in service of railway vehicles, structures and devices intended for railway traffic operation
- Development of internal regulations specifying technical conditions as well as principles and requirements related to the maintenance and operation of railway vehicles development documentation of the railway vehicle maintenance system
- Preparation of the necessary documentation to obtain a safety certificate for the railway siding user
- Organization and carrying out of periodic instructions, qualification courses, periodic, qualification and verification exams
- Conducting training in the transport of hazardous materials
Service of seaports in Gdynia, Gdańsk and Szczecin
CTL North also provides shunting services at the Ports of Gdynia, Gdańsk and Szczecin. We service all port quays and sidings within these ports. We also offer services related to assistance during loading and unloading of all product groups. Our many years of presence and services rendered at a high level contribute to the increasing capacity of transshipment facilities and the increased number of operations carried out at these ports by the Port Managers.